7.20.2007

Fabulous Friday

Usually this would be Fabulous Finds Friday but we're leaving this evening to visit family for the weekend and there's lots to be done before we leave so this is really a catchup post from this past week. :o)

I didn't participate in the BoutiqueCafe FFF this week as I haven't had the chance to take a pic in one of the only 2 hats that I own, plus I would be embarrassed to show those off anyway. I did just buy this fabulous sunhat from taradome on eBay:



I can't wait to receive it! Check out the bird fabric she used. It's from Moda's Summer in the City by UrbanChiks. Tara makes gorgeous things doesn't she?
I've definitely noticed an attraction to cool bird things lately. I think I'll blog about all the bird finds I've fallen in love with next week. You can also see some of them in my ETSY Faves.

So I've been trying to finish this bracelet design I started last week but something always seems to get in the way. I bought some Freshcut fabric(finally) last week from a quilt store that's right across from our neighborhood. It was my first time visiting and loved it. Super sweet ladies! Can't wait to go back and get more fabric. Anyhoo, I also bought a fabric button kit and began this design:



Some of the other things I'm planning on adding are freshwater pearls and possibly Bali daisy spacers on the flowers. Oh and you can't see them in the pic, but on the other side of the lucite flowers are round crystal-cut rose quartz gemstones. Hopefully I'll get this bracelet finished up and photographed properly next week so I can list it.
Let me know your opinions on this design and if you think it shouldn't have anything else added, what should be added, etc. That blue crystal btw is just a placeholder for another crystal in the correct color scheme, I had just misplaced it at the time of the pic. hehe. :oP

If anyone was wondering about the Wordless Wednesday pic this week, that is a pic of my twin girls all time favorite place to be....under my desk! Especially when I'm working. For some reason it is the "Holy Grail" of places to get to in the room. They get so excited when they overcome my leg blocking moves and make it under "there". What the fascination is I'm not sure. Then of course they have to get to all those wire goodies hanging from above! LOL!

Well that's it for me. I have lots to do while the girls nap. Have a fairy lovely weekend. :o)

5 comments:

Love said...

ok--i know i've been here before, but just found my way back and still love your stuff! so, i'll have to link you on my blog! love this bracelet, love your twins under the desk (its my 8 month old's fave place, too!), and i had that exact same tiara picked out for the last FFF challenge! =)

BellaColle said...

Oh, your bracelet is cute! And your babies are even cuter!!!

My Trendy Tykes said...

beautiful!

Linda

Erika Cass Designs said...

Thank you so much ladies! :o)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful work in progress!

S.